Well worth a visit: Go to Lyon Air Museum
Subscribe to Weekend Driver
- Now online: Wine and Water, the latest Weekend Driver
- Summer’s here… how about 30 great drives in 30 days
- Brilliant Anthony Bourdain explores Packard Detroit factory ruins; read my 2006 visit
- Anybody interested in a ’53 Hudson Wasp? It ran when parked in ’77.
- Lunch at a hardware store along the Cuyama Highway
Leave a Reply
Joyrides on Kindle
About San Diego’s Joyride Guru
San Diego day trips might be the best anywhere. With beaches, mountains and the desert nearby, great roads are everywhere you look.
Author Jack Brandais has been crisscrossing Southern California for decades, finding the roads that any enthusiast would take a detour to drive… just because it’s there.