My San Diego Union-Tribune this morning had a great story on the flowers in the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park by my old college buddy Rob Krier. If you’ve never seen the flowers bloom in the desert, make a point to take the trip, only an hour from downtown San Diego. And, our friends Doug and Marie have words and photos on their own blog about a trip this month to Borrego.
Here are some links:
- The Union-Tribune‘s March 5, 2009 story. GO>
- Doug and Marie’s trip to Borrego. GO>
- The Weekend Driver Drives in the Desert section, including on- and off-road cruises through the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. GO>
- My video from the 2005 trip through Canyon Sin Nombre that goes with the column of the same name. I just re-uploaded it to YouTube, so the quality is much better (the technology has come far in a couple of years). Sorry there isn’t any voiceover, but enjoy the pictures and music. GO>
- The Canyon Sin Nombre Weekend Driver column. GO>
- And certainly the Fonts Point drive in my book, Weekend Driver San Diego. GO>
My next new column goes up Grapevine Canyon, which should be really beautiful right now. I visited in November, before the bloom, but there were more than a few buds around. It will be posted on March 2o.
The other item of note is the article on the San Diego Automotive Museum in the new issue (April ’09) of Hemmings Motor News. Great to have the Balboa Park institution recognized by the Bible of the Old Car Hobby.